Search This Blog

October 12, 2013

Fringe Benefits

As regards the post "Babe Magnet" I will say that back in 1969 at Washington University in St. Louis, the prominence of my father in the scientific community had an unexpected benefit.

He came to St. Louis to give a lecture, and one of my instructors, a zaftig female graduate student, provided me with a single night of passion in exchange for an introduction to him.

Had I known that it was a transaction up front, I probably would have felt better about the experience, but it was not until the following morning that I was advised of the implicit verbal contract. As it was, a good deal of the joy drained away rather quickly.

OTOH, I apologize to my children for not having achieved the level of fame that would let them receive similar benefits. Actually ... no I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment