I was once challenged to provide a list of things that people might find unusual or amusing about me.
- My study contains shelves and boxes containing more than 750 books, in spite of the fact that I have reduced my personal library by more than 80%.
- I have visited Diego Garcia, a small island in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
- I am currently ghost-writing the autobiography of a nasty (and dead) man (it's complicated).
- My first reaction to being told that I was going to climb Bald Mountain, near Boulder CO, was to ask if it would be at night.
- I've had my entire paycheck stolen by a beautiful gypsy girl.
- No matter how diligently I try, I cannot get further than page 20 of Finnegan's Wake.
- Although I'm vegan now, I used to pride myself that there were very few foods that I could not or would not eat. The most prominent of these are brains, boiled okra, and baluts (look it up if you must, but be warned.) Yes, I have had snake, alligator, thousand-year eggs, ant eggs, cobra blood wine, goat head, etc. etc.
- In a similar vein, I used to be much fatter than I am now.
- In Israel, I was once kidnapped by a yeshiva looking for fresh students and spent three hours discussing the ways that ice cream could fail the test for kosher.
- I can sing some of Donald Swann's musical setting for the songs in The Hobbit.
|Evernote helps you remember everything and get organized effortlessly. Download Evernote.|